This Congee is one fond memory I had with my maternal grandmother, she cooks very traditional and tasty Hokkien Cuisine, and this Congee is one of them.
I used to fight my brother for the ribs, and now... I much prefer the tofu in it.
1-1.5 lbs Ribs （chopped into 1.5 inch pieces）
3 pieces Firm tofu
1/4 cup Dried cuttle fish (shredded)
20 Dried oyster/mussels
1 cup Jasmine rice
1 tbsp shallot （Sliced）
1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp Salt（or to taste）
a pinch of Pepper powder
Few drops of sesame oil
1. Blanch ribs and wash it thoroughly under running water, cut the cuttlefish into thin pieces with a scissor.
2. Fry shallot pieces until crisp, add the cubed tofu into pan and fry it for few minutes, set aside.
3. In a heavy cooking pot/clay pot, add about 1/2 tsp of oil, stir fry the washed dried oyster/mussels until fragrance.
4. Add 7-8 cups of water and bring it to boil, turn to medium heat and cook for 20-25 minutes, add the ribs and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
5. Add in washed rice with a few drops of sesame oil to prevent overflow while cooking. Continue cooking for another 20 minutes, add fried tofu.
6. Season with dark soy sauce and salt, turn the heat to low and simmer for another 30-45 minutes or till the ribs are cooked and soft.
Sprinkled some white pepper powder before serving if you like, you can also garnish with some spring onion or fried shallot.
中文 -- 外婆的排骨粥