I made Medu Vada (Deep Fried Lentil ball) two days ago, I did made extra so that I could make this Simple Chaat called Dahi Vada the next day as snacks for N.
I like the idea to make one dish and turn into another different dish, it just reminds me that life don't have to be so complicated sometimes......
6-7 Medu Vada/Vadai
2 cups hot water
1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
3 tbsp Milk
1/4 tsp of salt
a pinch of Chili powder
a pinch of roasted cumin powder
1 tbsp Tamarind Chutney
1 tsp Green Chutney
1. Soaked vadas in hot water for about 3-5 minutes till it soaked up enough water and become soft in texture.
2. Whisk together yogurt,milk and salt till it is creamy.
3. Now take out the vada one by one, squeeze out as much water as possible using both the hand's palm, be careful not to break the vada.
4. Place the squeezed vada into yogurt for 20 minutes, this is for the vada to absorb the yogurt.
5. Place the vada on a serving plate, sprinkle roasted cummin powder, chilli powder over vada.
6. Add green chutney and imli chutney (Tamarind Chutney) before serving.
d. Submit your entry via the Linky provided at the end of this blog post.
中文版 -- 酸奶泡豆饼