Ingredients：(makes 10 big pau/15 small pau)
3 cup/ 480 gm All purpose flour (I used Organic Unbleached flour）
7 g / 1 packer of Active Dry Yeast
4 tbsp/60 gm Castor/ Powdered Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp oil
For the filling：
250 gm mixed fat and lean minced meat （I used Pork）
3 hard boiled eggs （cut into 4 pieces each）Optional
1 bowl of chopped spring onion or onion
3 tbsp Chicken or any type of stock （Low sodium）
2 tbsp water
1 1/2 tbsp Cooking wine (Shao Xing Wine)
2 tsp Oyster Sauce
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tbsp Corn starch
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tsp Sugar
2/3 tsp Salt or to taste
1. Knead together all the ingredients listed under dough and form a soft dough, covered it with clean cloth and leave it at warm place to raise to double its size. Turn the dough on a working space, evenly sprinkle baking powder over the dough and knead further for 5 minutes until the dough become smooth on the surface.
2. Mix all ingredients listed under filling (beside chopped spring onion and egg), you could add the water and stock slowly. Mix the meat and seasoning well and leave it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to marinate. Add chopped spring onion only before making the pau.
3.Divide dough into 10 or 15 equal portions, depending on the size of pau you want to make. Use a rolling pin to roll out a portion of dough in such a way that the edges are thinner than the center.
4. Place 1-2 tbsps of fillings and quarter hard boiled egg in the center of the flat disc. Wrap and pleat to form a bun with flowery shape on top. It is important to proof the buns for 15-20 minutes before steaming.
5. Boil water in a steamer/wok, add 2 tbsp of vinegar into boiling water, this can enhance the color of pau and make it whiter in color. Steam pau over high heat/rapid boiling water for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the whole steamer immediately from stove, DO NOT open the lid at this point of time. Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before you check on your buns.
Here is my Shang Yuk Pau for dinner Yummy.. and burp!!!