N worked from home the past few weeks, so I had to think of what to make for lunch and dinner everyday beside preparing toddler food for little A.
After about a week or so I started feeling tired and was out of ideas for what to cook. We ordered a few take outs and deliveries. When that happened more than thrice in a week, N started giving me that "I want some home-cook food" look.
So I had no choice but to whipped up something simple tonight, there is nothing simpler than a simple egg curry for dinner, it could be done in literally less than 30 minutes and one can't really go wrong with a egg curry!
4-5 hard boiled eggs (Halved)
2 Roma tomatoes (Cubed)
2 green chili
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup of Organic whole milk
1 sprig of curry leaves optional
1 stick of cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds (Methi)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Chili powder (reduce for lesser heat)
1 tbsp of Babas meat curry powder (or any curry powder)
a pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
1 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste
1. Boiled the eggs, shelled and halved.
2. Blend together onion and green chili to form a paste. Cubed tomatoes and set aside.
3. Heat up about 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a cooking pot, add cinnamon stick, fenugreek and a pinch of asafoetida, give it a quick stir before adding curry leaves (if used), cook until fragrant.
4. Pour in the onion chili paste, add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste cook until oil breaks at the edge of paste, add turmeric,chili powder and curry powder, cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of whole milk, bring to boil and add cubed tomatoes, cover with lid and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
6. Add the eggs and season with salt, simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the gravy thickened.
Serve with hot steam rice.
d. Submit your entry via the Linky provided at the end of this blog post.