It has been a challenge to go shopping with A lately, not only his curiosity is at its height, he is also starting to have a lot of opinions and really enjoys putting things into my shopping cart, and will waste no time to protest if I take his choices out from the cart.
Result to that, our shopping trip always lasted much longer than anticipated, last week I had to make two big rounds in the supermarket to put back 3 bottles of hand wash soup ( yes, you heard it right, A wanted purple, red and orange colors!), the two rounds is to make sure he had enough distractions and long enough gap in between to let him forget about those items.
Together with those hand soups, some chips and lots of different types of candy, he also chooses a bunch of banana, which, I decided to keep and purchase while others go back to display isles. The only thing is that he realized that he didn't really want the banana once it was brought home.
As the bananas ripe fast and I have sometimes to spare today, I made 2 batches of banana muffins today, one with cocoa powder and one without.
4 - 5 ripe bananas (mashed）
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1 egg （lightly beaten）
1/3 cup room temperature butter
1 tbsp wheat germ Optional
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour ( I used Multigrain atta)
1. Mashed bananas until mushy, blend together all purpose flour, salt, wheat germ, baking soda and baking powder.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C) .
3.Add sugar, egg and butter into mashed banana, whisk well. Slowly add the flour in and use a spatula to fold the mixture until it is incorporated. Do not over stir the mixture.
4. Place baking cups onto muffin pan, scoop batter into muffin cups until around 3/4 cup full.
5. Add a teaspoon of cocoa powder into remaining batter, just give it a brief stir to form some swirl, the cocoa powder need not be all blended in. Scoop this batter into muffin cups for second batch.
6. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until the top part is browned. Depending on the size of muffins.
A's breakfast is ready!