The draft of this Besan Ladoo's recipe has been sitting in my draft folder since the Diwali day. I didn't had a chance to post it due to the festive season get together, followed by A under the weather and me got the nasty bug from him the day after. So here it is a little catch up on my post.
These yummy ladoos were made with homemade ghee and the residue from the making of Homemade Ghee, the residues gave the character of brown and white bits in the ladoos. It also gave the ladoos a slight twist in taste and texture, a true surprise and real yummy treat.
2 cups of besan (Chickpea flour)
2/3 or 3/4 cup of powdered or fine sugar
1/2 cup of Homemade Ghee with its residue
1/4 tsp of Cardamom powder
1. Sieved the chickpea flours into a microwavable container.
2. Microwave the flour for 3 minutes, take out, give a good stir, and microwave for another 2 minutes, stir again, and microwaved for 2 more minutes.
3. Now add warm homemade ghee, its residue and cardamom powder into the flour, stir well and microwave for 2 more minutes. Take the flour out and stir well, after this, be careful and based on your microwave's power, add 1 minute increment of microwave time until the nutty roasted smell of chickpea flour achieved. The flour should also be slightly fluffy when this achieved. You could also roast the flour on stove top in a pan.
4. Add the powdered sugar into flour mixture while the flour still warm, this will help the sugar dissolve and also bind the flours together. Stir and knead well.
5. Once the flour is cool enough to be handle by hand, roll the mixture into balls depending on your preference (in my case, depending on my palm's size!).
Serve ladoos fresh or store in air tight containers.