Last week was a very bad week for me and baby A, it was Friday afternoon and he started showing signs of fever, his fever spike up to 104 F that night, we brought him to his pediatrician first thing Saturday morning, apparently my poor baby had ear and throat double infections, no wonder he refused food and nursing completely.
Worrying that he will be dehydrated I had to forcefully gave him liquid, he swallowed with great difficulty and lots of tears.... so to cut the story short, it was 5 days and nights of no sleep and lots of tears for both mommy and baby. When he finally nursed after 5 whole days of nursing strike... I sigh with relief and promise to myself that I will never complain about his night time marathon nursing again!
So today after sending baby to the daycare, I decided that I want something that could comfort me and compensate the harsh week I had! I set out to make this crispy rice noodle.
There is this restaurant near my parent's house that made the best crispy rice noodle ever. I tried to make this as close to the one they made back home as possible. This recipe taste slightly different than the one I liked, but not bad as a home cook version, not bad at all.
150 gm dried rice noodle (mihun)
6-7 shrimp (Devined)
1 Cuttle fish (cleaned and cut into 1 inche thick)
1 piece of fish cake, sliced （optional）
4-5 Chinese Mustard (cut into 2 inches in length)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp corn starch, dissolved in about 3 tbsp of water
1 tbsp Light Soy sauce
1 cup of chicken stock
Some sesame oil
Some Pepper powder
Salt to taste
1. Heat up about 1 cup of oil, deep fry the rice noodle until crisp and fluffy. (DO NOT soak or wash the rice noodle, use it right off the packet).
2. Leave about 2 tbsp of oil in the cooking pan, stir in minced garlic and keep stirring until fragrant.
3. Add all the seafood and stir fry until changes color, add chicken stock, season with salt and soy sauce, bring to boil.
4. Add Chinese mustard, thicken the gravy with corn starch water, as the gravy boiling, give it a quick stir while you drip the lightly beaten egg into the pot, it will form egg drops..
5. Add a few drops of sesame oil and some white pepper powder, pour the whole gravy with seafood onto the crispy rice noodle.
6. Serve with some garlic chili in soy sauce.