Baby A turned 1 two weeks ago, we had a great party with love ones and close friends over the weekend.
I was still yet to recovered from the preparation of party, there actual day came and I was thinking of taking the shortcut to just get some shop bought cupcakes and candies for his celebration in Daycare.
So I went to the supermarket to look for something ready for babies... After reading like 20 labels with chemical terms that I can't even pronounce, I decided that what I cannot give to my own child, I cannot serve them to the little pumpkins in the daycare!
So I went home and baked a dozen of mini vegetables and fruit cupcakes with greek yogurt frosting... I also manage to made some chocolate coated strawberries for the kids!
The babies loved the cupcakes and we had a blast at the daycare that afternoon!
For the cupcakes：(yield 25 mini cupcakes and approximately 12 medium size cupcakes)
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs (Room temperature)
1/2 cup or 1 stick of unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
1/2 avocado Optional
1/2 cup Organic full cream milk Optional
Blend together below flour：
1 cup Multigrain/whole wheat flour
1 cup All Purpose flour
1/3 cup of oatmeal flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Greek Yogurt Icing：
2 cup icing/ powdered sugar
1 stick / 1/2 cup of Butter (Room temperature)
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence Optional
1. Blend together all flour ingredients, set aside.
2. Blend together all vegetables & fruits with avocado using 1/2 cup of organic milk until smooth.
Note：if this cake is intended for toddler, there is no need to do this step, as toddler could chew better, just chopped the veges and fruits and mash avocado.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F （175 C）
4. Cream together butter and brown sugar using a mixer (around 2-3 minutes). Add one egg, beat until the texture of cream resemble ice cream (around 1-2 minutes), repeat the process with remaining eggs. I do this with kitchen aid stand mixer speed 4-6.
5. Run the mixer at speed 3-4, add in chopped veges and fruits and blended flour alternatively. Do not over beat the batter.
6. Scoop batter into baking cup filling about 2/3 full. Bake 10 minutes for mini cupcakes, 15 minutes for larger cupcakes.
7. Make the frosting meanwhile, beat all ingredients listed under icing using a Stand mixer until fluffy. Spread over cooled cupcakes. Garnish as you wish.
8. I dipped half of my cupcakes into melted chocolate to create chocolate coated cupcakes.
healthy cupcakes for babies....
The babies in the daycare ......