It is getting colder by the day, so I decided to make something gingerly to warmth up the body. It is also a very simple one pot dish that could be serve with steamed rice.
200 gm Chicken Thigh
1 tbsp Tou Chu (Soya bean paste)
1 inch of Ginger Sliced
4-5 Chili Api (green chilies) slices lengthwise
4-5 Dried mushroom (Soaked )
1/2 Carrot slice into thinly
1/2 cup snap peas
1/2 tsp Sesame oil
1/2 cup Cooking wine
1/2 cup Water
1/2 tsp Sugar
Soya sauce to taste
A little Salt and pepper powder
1. Marinate chicken with salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
2. Use a butcher knife to press the Tau chu, till it became a paste like.
3. Heat up a claypot add sesame oil, ginger slices, fry for about a minute until fragrant, add green chilies, mushroom and tou chu paste, stir fry till it all coated with tou chu.
4. Add the chicken pieces, fry till the colour changes, pour in the cooking wine, water, soya sauce and sugar, cover with lid and cook for about 8 minutes.
5. Add carrot slices and snap peas, continue cooking for 3-5 minutes.