This claypot rice used to be my dinner choice when I was working in KL, I like it with a bowl of soup. It almost always instantly brought me back to memory lane.
1 cup Jasmine Rice （Washed and drain）
1 cup Chicken stock/water
2 pieces Chicken thigh （Cut into 1-1.5 inches pieces）
2-3 Dried mushrooms（Soaked）
1 Chinese sausage （Soaked and remove casing）
1 Spring onion for garnishing OR 2-3 Chinese Bok Choy
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Sweet/Caramelized dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Ginger paste
1 1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 Pinch of pepper powder
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1. Wash rice, drain and add 1/2 tsp of cooking oil and mix well.
2. Marinate the chicken pieces and mushroom with all the ingredients listed under marinates mentioned above for at least 1/2 an hour.
4. Turn the heat to medium, evenly spread marinated chicken, mushroom and sausage on top of the rice, saved the marinade sauce. Cover the pot with lid, cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Drizzle the marinade sauce over chicken and rice, cover the pot again with lid, turn heat to low and continue cooking for 15-18 minutes.
6. Crank up the stove to high for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the stove, and DO NOT OPEN the lid, let it sit for another 5 minutes before serving.
Note：It is best using Thai Jasmine rice for this playpot rice.
Note1: You could sprinkle some chopped spring onion, chopped red chilies or fried salted fish before serving.