Mooli paratha is another type of paratha well loved by Indian. I make this mooli paratha quiet frequently for breakfast at home.
I also modify the recipe a little to make it less oily and healthier. Thus this is a lot less in calorie compared to the famous potato and cheese/paneer Paratha.
Ingredients: (Yield 4-5)
600-700 Radish/Daikon (Grated)
2 green chilli (Small）
2 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves/Cilantro（Optional）
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Cummin/cumin seed
1/4 tsp Garam masala （Optional）
1/2 tsp Salt （or to taste）
1 tsp oil
Whole wheat dough (Click here for recipe)
1 Small bowl of Boondi Raita
2 tsp Pudina Chutney
1. In a shredder or food processor, grate/chop radish, chilli, coriander leaves together. Add some salt, turmeric powder and run the chopper few more seconds to blend all the ingredients well.
2. Pour the chopped veges out on a piece of cheesecloth, wrap it up and squeeze out excessive water.
3. Place radish in a microwaveable bowl, add all seasoning, mix well and adjust salt accordingly. Stir in 1
tsp of oil, microwave it for 2-3 minutes, take out and stir it in between, set aside to let cold.
4. Knead whole wheat dough as instructed, let it sit for half an hour before pull out a ball about ping pong size. Dust with flour a little, roll it out and place the filling in the middle, wrap it up and roll again into a flat bread around 2 mm thick and 6 inches in diameter.
5. Heat up a cooking pan, add some oil, shallow fry the pancake both side until crispy and golden brown in colour.
Serve it with raita and pudina chutney.
Yummy and healthy radish paratha.