A just recovered from fever couple of days ago and yet to regain his appetite. He refused most of the foods I offered and will eat only fruits in the last few days. He looks a little better today and was playing like his normal self. So I decided to make something different with apple, hopefully the apple in this crepe will lure him into having few more bites.
1/2 cup chopped apple
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp black sesame Optional
1/4 cup of water
a little butter for brushing and to grease the pan
For the crepe:
1 small egg
2 tbsp organic whole milk
3-4 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp butter (melted)
1/4 tsp sugar
a pinch of salt
1. Whisk together all ingredients listed under crepe batter to form a smooth batter.
2. In a small sauce pan, cook chopped apple with a little water and sugar, when the water reduced, add the black sesame seeds. Let cool and set aside.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Scoop approximately 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
4. Cook the crepe for about 1 minute, place about 2 tbsp of apple over lower part of the crepe. Loosen the crepe with a spatula, fold the crepe from bottom to cover the apple pieces, proceed to fold both the sides of crepe from left and right to hold the apple pieces somewhat tightly. bring down the upper part to form a pocket.
5. Brush a thin layer of butter over the crepe before serving. You can also serve with some maple syrup.
A had his pancake and said :" good!"
中文 -- 苹果煎饼