My son's godmother sent me this braised pig trotters made by her mother in law during Chinese new year, it was so tasty that I had to ask for the recipe right away!
2.5 lbs Pig trotters (Cleaned and chopped into 1/2 palm size)
1/2 cup of peanuts (Soaked in water for 1-2 hours)
1-2 pieces of fermented bean curd/Nam Yu
1/4 cup of Chinese Cooking Wine
1 tbsp light Soy Sauce
3 shallots (cut into four pieces)
3-4 cloves of garlic (Halved)
2-3 pieces of rock sugar
1-2 tbsp of cooking oil
1. Blanch the pig trotter pieces and clean under running water until it is cleaned. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil, add shallot and garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add the trotter pieces and keep stirring until the trotter pieces are a little browned.
3. Add the fermented bean curd and cook for 1-2 minutes, add peanuts and continue cooking until fragrant.
4. Add cooking wine and water that is just enough to submerged the trotter pieces.
5. Season with light soy sauce and rock sugar, bring to boil and transfer to cooking pot. Cook at medium low heat for 1.5-2 hours until trotters and peanuts become soft and tender.
Note：I cooked mine in a crockpot, so I used slightly lesser water and cook at high for 3.5-4 hours.