This Kadhi is my husband N's favourite food, whenever I am not in the mood to cook elaborate meal. I just need to stir up some Kadhi and make some rice, that would make his day just fine!
3 tbsp Garbanzo bean/Chick pea flour (Besan)
1 cup Plain Yogurt
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
2 cups water
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Cummin Seeds
2 Dried Chilies
1 pinch of Asafoetida （Hing）
1/2 tsp chili powder
1. Whisked together yogurt, garbanzo bean flour, water and salt, leave it aside for about 10 minutes.
2. Cook it at medium heat until it starts boiling, turn the heat to low, keep stirring to prevent overflow.
3. When the Kadhi thicken and become a consistency of cream soup, it is done.
4. For tempering, in a small ceramic bowl, add all the tempering ingredients but chili powder and microwave for 1.5 minutes. Take it out, and give it a stir, and microwave again for another 1 minute. Now add the chili powder, and microwave for another 30 seconds.
5. Pour the tempering over the curry and the Kadhi is ready!
中文 -- 鹰嘴豆糊