I made Pandan Flavor Seri Kaya couple of days ago and received multiple requests on simpler way/s to make this delicious Jam. Though I have say it in advance that Kaya made stirring on double boiler for long period of time turned out to be the best in texture and taste.
You can actually make kaya the short cut way with the help of technologies. All you need is a crockpot and a good blender!
450 gm/16 oz/2 cups Frozen coconut mil （Thawed）
300 gm sugar
5 Size A Eggs
5-6 Screwpine/Pandan Leaves
1 1/2 Cups of water
1. Place pandan leaves, 1/2 cup of water and sugar in a pot, cook until sugar completely dissolved, turn the heat down a little and continue cooking until it reaches the color that you desire (caramelized). Turn off the stove and pour a cup of water in.
Note：Be careful when you add the water at the end, caramelized sugar can be at very high temperature and could bring the water to boiling almost instantly.
2. Place the caramelized sugar water together with pandan/screwpine leaves into crock pot without plugging it to cool.
3. Thawed frozen coconut milk and blend it with 5 eggs until smooth. Add the mixture into crock pot and mix with the caramel water, you can now remove and discard the pandan leaves.
4. Plug the crock pot in and cook at low for 7-8 hours or high at 3-4 hours. Once the kaya become custard-liked in texture, turn the crock pot off and let cool.
5. Blend kaya using a hand held mixer for several minutes until smooth, you can also blend it using a blender. Store in glass jars and refrigerate, it could be store for up to 2-3 weeks.
My sweat-free version of kaya, good for breakfast！