Spinach Paratha is a good way to sneak in healthy greens into meals, adding a little sesame seeds gave it a hint of nutty flavor and some added nutrients.
A very nutritious and beautiful looking bread it is!
Ingredient: (Serves 2)
2 cups of whole wheat flour (Atta)
1 bunch of spinach (around 150 gm)
1 tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp oregano seed（Ajwain)
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp chili powder (mirch)
1/4 tsp asafetida（Hing）
1/2 tsp turmeric powder（haldi）
1/2 tsp salt
Some Butter for frying
1. Wash and drained spinach, grind together with all the ingredients listed (beside whole wheat flour) above using a chopper or grinder with very little water to form a thick paste.
2. Knead the spinach paste with whole wheat flour to form a soft dough, adjust consistency by adding a little water or whole wheat flour accordingly.
3. Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes. Divide it into 8-10 equal size balls.(Around ping pong size)
4. Roll it out into a small disk around 1 mm in thickness.
5. Fry the paratha on a hot griddle with some oil or ghee on both sides till it is cooked. (Brown spots appears on both sides.).
Serve warm with curries or dal (Lentil dishes).
中文 -- 菠菜烙饼