I had this noodle the first time at a gathering with my Chinese friends in NJ.
It was brought in by a Shanghainese friend, it is so tasty that I had way too much of this noodle that evening and made sure I had the recipe before leaving the party!
1 bunch of scallion（use the green parts）
1/3 cup of cooking oil
1 tbsp Pork lard Optional
1 bunch of thin noodle
Seasoning：（mixed all listed below）
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp ABC sweet soy sauce OR 1 tsp sugar plus 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce
1. Clean spring onion and dry with kitchen towel, cut into 2 inches in length, using only the green parts.
2. Mix all the ingredients listed under seasoning in a bowl.
3. Pour in 1/3 cup oil into cooking pan/wok together with the spring onion segments (without preheating the pan) turn the heat on and cook at medium for few minutes, turn to low and continue cooking until all the spring onion become golden in color, add 1 tbsp of lard.
4. Pour the seasoning mixture into pan, bring to boil and cook for 30-45 seconds before switching the stove off.
5. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the thin noodle according to instruction.
6. Drained cooked noodle and place it in a mixing bowl with 2 tbsp of the scallion oil sauce, mixed well and serve.
Note：Remaining sauce could be stored in a air tight container and use within few days.